In response to "8 Sentences That Drive Bosses Crazy"

In response to this article about "8 Sentences That Drive Bosses Crazy"
Every employee said something for a reason and a history behind it.  If your employee said those to your boss, it is (most of the time) the boss problem not (always) employee.

Here are why:

1. "Exactly how do you want me to do this?"
Boss's best response: "I don't care how you do it, just get it done."
Employee replied: Then don't ask me to give you a full report on why I am doing that later on, because you don't care.

2.  "This is my idea so I want full credit for it."
Boss's best response: "If you want this to happen, we'll all need to own it."
Employee replied: You are stealing my idea and claim that it is "us"?  

3.  "I'll try to get it done on time."
Boss's best response: "Do. Or do not. There is no try."
Employee replied: DO NOT, unless you give us a REASONABLE schedule, or you tell YOUR client about OUR schedule and compromise it.  Otherwise, you pick the answer: "DO NOT", or "Try".  

4. "I need you to review this 300 page document."
Boss's best response: "Write me a one page summary of what's important."
Employee replied: Then why on earth do you want me to write this 300 page document first and foremost?  

5. "Could you call them for me?"
Boss's best response: "No, that's your job."
Employee replied: It may lead to a delay of your project, are you sure?  (Don't be surprise about that, those calls not just take time, but often include a new "idea" or "function" that the other side wants)  

6. "Oops, I forgot to tell you about that."
Boss's best response: "Your annual review will be affected if this happens repeatedly."
Employee replied: Ok, by the way, if you continue to use this attitude to face all the difficulties I told you, that may be the reason why I intentionally "forgot" to tell you, sir.  

7. "I just need to vent..." - That's the only line that I agree...  

8. "Are you sure that's the right decision?"
Boss's best response: "Yes."
Employee replied: so if it success, it is all yours.  If it is not, don't blame us because we warn you at the very beginning of this project, sir.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TCPDF How to show/display Chinese Character?

How to fix fancy box/Easy Fancybox scroll not work in mobile

Wordpress Load balancing: 2 web servers 1 MySQL without any Cloud services