How to kickout a user/kick a user in Linux

Source: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1033

In my case, I use putty to login to my local linux machine but suddenly I got hung up in putty. I login again to linux console and do kick out user (myself!!)

The key point is, use "ps -aux | grep ssh" to get the user who login as SSH, if a user is not login using SSH, go grep the user name. Then find the Process ID(PID) of that particular user. Finally, issue "kill -9 ". So my steps will be:

1. ps -aux | grep ssh
2. kill -9

Finally, restart putty session and login again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TCPDF How to show/display Chinese Character?

How to fix fancy box/Easy Fancybox scroll not work in mobile

Wordpress Load balancing: 2 web servers 1 MySQL without any Cloud services